- Closing date: 6/2/2018
Drafting Claims Handler - Maternity Cover
- To investigate claims and prepare for drafting proceedings.
- To draft court proceedings.
- To understand the service level agreement in place with solicitor assigned to file, liaising and chasing as needed to ensure delivery.
- To deliver individual targets set re timescales of solicitor acknowledgement negotiated settlement or initiated action, and percentage of actual recovery.
- To identify shortfalls in service level agreement, reporting repetition or serious or unresolved issues to team leader.
- To monitor and prioritise incoming email and post, communicating where necessary, bringing, presenting overview of file status and proactively make recommendations on issues identified.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by team leader to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets
- Ideally have a law degree looking to gain litigation experience
- Ideally but not essential experience in Insurance industry
- Understanding of litigation process and court proceedings.
- Clear verbal communication skills, persuasive and assertive.
- The ability to prioritise recognising importance and urgency.
- Detail conscious.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with Company mission statement and values; Accountable, Energy and Enthusiasm, Don’t Do Silver, United, Focused, Hungry, Spirited
To apply for this position, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org