- Closing date: 6/2/2018
Litigation Support Executive
- Handling files in a post issue litigation environment to a successful conclusion
- To deliver individual targets to support the departments effective timely recovery of debt.
- To progress a case load of assigned files from Solicitor appointment to resolution
- To understand the service level agreement in place with assigned files, liaising and chasing as needed to ensure deliver
- To assist fellow team members with legal/procedural queries
- To deliver individual targets set re timescales of solicitor acknowledgement, negotiated settlement or initiated action and percentage of actual recovery
- To identify shortfalls in service level agreement, reporting repetition or serious or unresolved issues to Management
- To acknowledge and act upon solicitor and court correspondence
- To monitor and prioritise incoming email and post, communicating where necessary, bringing urgent matters to the attention of the team leader.
- To maintain regular progress updates with Management, presenting overview of file status and proactively make recommendations on issues identified.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by Management to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets.
- To communicate with clients and explain their legal duties throughout the period of the claim.
- Ensure that the Solicitors Code of Conduct rules are adhered to.
- Previous demonstrable experience in a similar role gained within a legal environment
- Ideally have a law degree or equivalent legal qualification
- Previous demonstrable experience within Civil Litigation preferably RTC
- Use of a case management tool, such as Proclaim
- Have a history of handling a full litigated case load
- Full working knowledge and understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Knowledge of litigation process and previous experience of court proceedings including drafting applications
- Clear verbal communication skills, persuasive and assertive.
- The ability to prioritise, recognising importance and urgency.
- Detail conscious.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with Company values; Accountable, Energy and Enthusiasm, Don’t Do Silver, United, Focused, Hungry, Spirited
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org