Customer advice centre

How can we help

Our priority is to get you mobile

But we do so much more. Our team of experienced claims handlers will support you in your claim and take the stress away from dealing with the various parties involved in your claim.

Shortly after the accident

A trained claims handler will discuss the circumstances of the accident with you and advise you of the options for getting you back on the road, including whether we can provide a replacement vehicle and claims management services.

If we are satisfied that we can help, we will then provide you with a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repair to your vehicle. If your vehicle is deemed to be a total loss (also known as a “write off”), you can remain in our vehicle for up to 7 days after the date on which either you or Accident Exchange receive a cheque for the agreed settlement value of your damaged vehicle.

If your vehicle is not mechanically or legally capable of being driven then we will deliver a replacement vehicle to you. If your vehicle can legally be driven following the accident, we will arrange for a replacement vehicle to be delivered to you or the agreed repairer ready for when you deliver your own car for repair. The charges in respect of the replacement vehicle will be recovered from the insurer of the at-fault party.

Once we have you mobile again

We will start to process your claim and liaise with the various parties involved in the claim, including witnesses, insurers, the repairer.  If legal advice is required, we can recommend a solicitor to act on your behalf in respect of your claim.

We provide these services through our partnerships with franchised dealers, bodyshops, insurers, fleet management providers and car manufacturers. Your vehicle will be repaired by either an insurer, manufacturer or Accident Exchange approved repairer operating to the highest standards.

We monitor the repair to your vehicle and keep you updated on progress.  As part of your claim against the at fault party's insurer, we include any other recoverable losses that you have suffered as a result of the accident, for example, a policy excess which you have had to pay, loss of earnings and compensation for personal injury.

Accident Exchange is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It is also regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities.